This year has seen many great royal fashion moments: from Princess Eugenie’s gorgeous Peter Pilotto wedding dress, to the stunning white one-shouldered McQueen gown seen on the Duchess of Cambridge at the BAFTAs, and to The Countess of Wessex’s elegant sophistication from Suzannah on Christmas Day. And we can’t forgot some of Meghan’s ensembles either! We take a look at the most-read articles on the site in 2019.
15) This article focused on The Duchess of Sussex in Morocco, when she debuted a glittering gold gown from Dior for an evening reception.
14) Autumn Phillips channelled a vintage look at Windsor when she attended the Easter Matins service, which was also The Queen’s 93rd birthday. Her dress was from Claire Mischevani and the hat by Julian Garner.
13) You loved Princess Beatrice at Trooping the Colour back in June, choosing a dress from Emilia Wickstead that her aunt Sophie also owns! Remind yourself with the link below.
12) This place is taken by The Duchess of Cambridge, when she re-wore a royal fashion favourite at Easter. We hadn’t seen the hat (Jane Taylor) or coat (McQueen) for some six years!
11) Zara Tindall comes in at 11, debuting a monochrome look red accessories at Cheltenham. She combined Claire Mischevani with Sally Ann Provan. This was also one of our most popular posts over on Instagram!
10) Coming in at number 10 was The Duchess of Cambridge’s green look in Blackpool that we saw in March. She teamed her forest green SportMax coat with a pretty peacock shirt dress from Michael Michael Kors, and a pair of pointed knee-high boots.
9) The number nine most-read article of the year was Lady Louise at Easter. As she becomes a young lady, we have seen The Queen’s granddaughter experiment with her first hats and headpieces, as well as graduating into block heel pumps from ballet flats. We loved her combination of Reiss, Emily London and John Lewis.
8) The next most popular read was the red caped Valentino dress we saw from The Duchess of Sussex as she began her visit to Morocco in February.
7) Our readers loved seeing Kate’s monochrome look at Wimbledon in July. She teamed a vintage-style dress from Suzannah with black accessories.
6) In at number six for the most-read articles on the site for this year, is Meghan in a custom Erdem coat and dress for a visit to Canada House in March. You loved the elegant boucle maternity look.
5) The Countess of Wessex captured your eye at Ascot this year in a daring jumpsuit from Emilia Wickstead, and an oversized pillbox from Jane Taylor. But we’re not sure it was for the right reasons…!
4) At number four we have a not often-seen member of the family: Autumn Phillips! In a fantastic summery jumpsuit from Claire Mischevani, we thought she looked fantastic at Royal Ascot.
3) A white tie event for Sophie – the State Banquet for the US State Visit – takes third place. She debuted a remodelled version of her tiara with an old Bruce Oldfield gown for the event in June.
2) Catherine dazzled in a mint green lame dress on a visit to Belfast back in February. This was your second-most-read article of 2019!
1) The Countess of Wessex tops our most-read chart, when she headed to Forfar near Dundee in Scotland. This July trip was to mark her new title Countess of Forfar, which was gifted by The Queen for Prince Edward’s 55th birthday. She wore Prada and Gabriela Hearst.
Do you agree with this list? What was your favourite look of the year? Let us know in the comments.